How To Overcome Shyness
Learn how to overcome shyness to feel confident at parties, deliver charismatic public speeches, ask ladies on dates and more. Sometimes men feel held back because shyness discourages them from approaching people. The heart thumps, the pit of the stomach rolls and the mind fills with self-conscious thoughts during public situations. Avoid these symptoms by knowing how to overcome shyness.
- Realize the world is not always watching. The number one problem for a shy person is he believes the world is watching every move he makes. Shy people are very aware of themselves in public situations and they often judge their actions negatively. Recognize that the world is not always watching and become aware of self-conscious thoughts.
- Relax the body and mind with breathing exercises. If someone has extreme shyness, he will relax easily with breathing exercises. Breath in deeply for ten second and clear the mind of irrational self-conscious thoughts. Exhale for fifteen seconds and think of positive, confident thoughts.
- Imagine the situation. Effortless socializing is the dream for most shy men. Visualize going into a room full of strangers and making conversation with most of the people there. Often a shy person will unconsciously tell themselves they are not able to socialize because of shyness. Believe in the ability to effortlessly socialize by letting go of negative thoughts.
- Accept the possibility of rejection. Overcome shyness by accepting fears of rejection. One of the greatest fears of a shy person is rejection. Rejection is a natural part of life that everyone will endure. Avoid taking rejection personally, move on from the situation and try again.
- Go to social events. Overcome shyness by going to social events like parties, cafes, parks and more, and talk to people. Imagine everyone else is shy to make them more approachable. Talk to people people with confidence and cheerfulness and ask open questions.