How To Pack Luggage
It’s important to know how to pack luggage when you are going on a trip. Packing your luggage the right way will allow you to take more items with you. If you are flying, it can also save you the trouble and cost of having to check your bag at the airport.
To pack luggage you will need:
- A suitcase
- Bathroom essentials
- Freezer size plastic bags
- Small plastic bag
- Determine what items of clothing you need to take with you. There is no need to bring clothes that you won’t be wearing. Your luggage should consist of an outfit for each day plus one. This way, you have an outfit that you can wear every day of your trip and a backup outfit. Keep your outfits simple so that you don’t have to pack different shoes for every single outfit you pack. If you need special attire for a fancy meal or business meeting, that should be set out to pack as well. Don’t forget pajamas, underwear and socks.
- Pack any pants or shorts first. Don’t fold them. Instead, lay them flat at the bottom of the suitcase. This will give your luggage more space and allow for more clothing to be put in one suitcase.
- Pack the rest of your clothes. After the pants and/or shorts are packed, start to pack the rest of your clothes. Again, lay the clothing items flat so that you can get the most out of the limited luggage space you have.
- Pack your socks, shoes and underwear. To pack your socks, underwear and shoes, push the items down around the outer edge of the suitcase. Laying the on top of your clothes will just take up more of your valuable space. Make sure that the soles of your shoes are facing the edges of the suitcase, so that your clothes won’t get dirty.
- Gather and pack your bathroom essentials. Shampoo, conditioner, tooth paste, deodorant and any hair products that you may need should be placed in a freezer-size plastic bag in case they spill. Make sure the bag is secure and then pack the items on top of your clothing. Smaller items like, razors and your toothbrush should be placed in one of the suitcase’s pockets.
- Gather and pack your accessories. This would include watches or any jewelry you may need when on your trip. Make sure to only pack what is absolutely necessary. Anything that can’t be worn during travel can be packed in small baggies and placed the suitcase with the rest of your luggage. Don’t put valuables in any outside suitcase pockets, doing so gives criminals easier access.