How To Pack A Small Vintage Suitcase
Travel in style and pack a small vintage suitcase. When you want to go retro, choose a vintage suitcase. When the suitcase is small, it's important to weed out everything but the essentials so everything will fit. Consider only taking the shoes you wear and the minimal changes of clothes so all of your belongings fit in the small vintage suitcase.
To pack a small vintage suitcase, you will need:
- Bare minimum of clothes
- Essential toiletries
- Tissue paper
- Decide what you need to pack. Lay out all of the items you need to pack on your bed. Be realistic when deciding what you have to take on the trip.
- Open the suitcase and all the compartments. Know where all you can store clothes and toiletries in the small vintage suitcase. Many things can fit in small pouches or the gathered pouch often found on the lid portion of the suitcase.
- Place the heaviest items on the bottom of the suitcase. Pack shoes or other heavy items like books first. Place shoes in a shoe bag or plastic bag to keep your clothes clean. Toiletries can also be packed in the bottom of the suitcase to ensure they stay wedged in place. Place them in a plastic bag.
- Stuff items inside shoes. Roll socks and underwear and push them into the shoes. A can of shaving cream or other like items may fit inside shoes as well. Wrap these items in plastic bags in case they leak.
- Place pants in next. Take tissue paper and place on top of slacks or pants. Roll the pants like a jelly roll with tissue paper inside to prevent wrinkles. Place the rolls tightly into the bottom of the suitcase or next to the shoes or books or other heavy items that are already packed.
- Pack shirts. Use tissue paper to separate shirts. Lay the stack of shirts flat on top of the other items already packed.
- Pack the remaining items. Finish packing the suitcase with small clothes like underwear, socks, tee shirts, and anything else you need to pack.