Here it comes, the worst part of your vacation, wondering how to pack a suitcase for a cruise. If you are traveling alone, with friends or with your significant other, these packing tips will help. Creating a list and knowing what you need to bring will make packing a breeze instead of a dreaded experience.
- Start a list of what you need to bring. Writing everything down will help save you time and headaches later. When you pack in a frenzied rush, you later board the ship, only to start unpacking and find out there was something important that you forgot. Purchasing the item on ship is often costly. Avoid unnecessary dents in your wallet by creating your list.
- Put half of your clothes in one suitcase and another set in your significant other's. If your suitcase gets lost, you both will still have something to wear instead of having to buy new clothes.
- Pack necessary toiletry items. Make sure you pack your toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving cream, razors, nail clippers and mouthwash.
- Know the weather forecast for your cruise destination. Where you are scheduled to travel will determine what you need to bring. If you are taking a cruise to Alaska, it's best to pack warmer clothes as it still gets chilly during the summer. Northern Europe is also relatively cool. Place a few warm weather clothes in case you run into an unusually hot day. Hot weather gear should consist of lighter clothing material. Avoid dark colors.
- Understand the cruise line's policy for formal night. If you decide to attend formal night while on your cruise, pack something that is fit to attend a wedding. Semi formal attire is often accepted. You can avoid formal night all together if you choose to dine in your room, one of the ship's restaurants or at the midnight buffet.
- Pack sandals geared toward walking on the beach or coral reefs. Packing these types of shoes will help you avoid getting gashes in your feet. You only need to put these shoes in your suitcase if you are traveling to a beach area.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.