With new security regulations in place at the airport, learning how to pack your own airline lunch is very helpful to keep in mind as you travel.
Here are Five Tips on How to Pack Your Own Airport Lunch:
- Pack non-perishables. When you do pack your own airline lunch, definitely remember to pack foods that aren't perishable and that won't leave you hungry minutes later. This is important since you never really know how long you will be waiting, either through security, at the gate, on the tarmac, or once you're in flight. You want to make sure to pack food that won't go bad when you pack your own airport lunch.
- Bring solid snack foods. Snacks such as trail mix and pretzels, or vegetables like celery and carrot sticks are filling and easy to transport. You're also able to bring single-serving packages of condiments such as mustard and mayonnaise as long as they fit in to the same single zip-top bag as your toiletries.
- Package foods correctly. One rule to keep in mind when you pack your own airline lunch is that all food must be securely wrapped in a spill-proof container. Pack veggies in sealed-top containers, and keep snacks like chips and pretzels in their original (small, snack-sized) containers or in a zip-top bag.
- Do not bring gel packs to keep foods cold. Also note that while bringing gel packs are permitted for medications that require it, they are not allowed for keeping food chilled. This is why it is a good idea to bring snacks and foods that are not perishable when you pack your own airline lunch.
- Pack variety! So what's the best lunch to bring when you pack your own airline lunch? It's a good idea to bring a combination of solid snacks such as pretzels, along with some veggies like carrots and celery. You can bring a small condiment pack of Ranch dressing for the veggies if it is in a sealed container and included in your zip-top bag in which your toiletries are packed.
Of course, you'll want to make sure you include a dessert or a treat when you pack your own airline lunch. Many cookies and candies come in small, travel-friendly containers, so be sure to include a couple of chocolate chip cookies or Hershey kisses. Skip the chocolate pudding so you don't have to part with it at the security checkpoint. Even better? Bring a trail mix that includes M&Ms.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.