How To Paddle Surf
Want to learn how to paddle surf? You can paddle surf while lying or standing on a surfboard. The choice is up to you. If you are an avid swimmer, paddle surfing will be an easy sport for you to learn. Get yourself ready to catch a wave!
To paddle surf, you will need:
- A surfboard
- A paddle
- Buy the items you need at a swimwear store. Buy or rent a surfboard. The choice is up to you. If you plan on paddle surfing often, you may as well buy your own surfboard. Make sure you buy good sunscreen, and make sure you use it. You do not want to be a middle-aged surfer with skin cancer.
- Take your surfboard and paddle into the water. Find a wave and catch it. Decide if you are going to stand or lie on the surfboard. Hop on your surfboard when you get the wave you want.
- This is the hard part. When you hop on your surfboard, try to keep your balance. Once you learn how to balance on the surfboard, you can ride most any wave. Paddle to keep your balance on the surfboard. You might find yourself falling off the surfboard numerous times before you get the hang of it. If you're having trouble, it does not hurt to take lessons from a professional.
- Now you've gained your balance. Ride the wave into shore. Do this by paddling and moving your body with the wave. Shift your weight to keep your balance during the ride. Use the paddles to keep your balance. Ride with the water. Go with the waves. Learn how to be flexible.
- Keep paddling and ready yourself for the larger waves. Maintain your balance with the paddling and by shifting your weight. Ride the larger waves into the shore. Keep trying until you get the hang of it.
- Get your style down. Use your natural ability and balance to ride the waves. You may fall off the surfboard many times before you get the hang of paddle surfing. Continue to get back on the surfboard and catch the waves. Eventually, you will become a novice paddle surfer. With time and practice, you may be competing with professional paddle surfers. Catch that wave and enjoy the ride.