How To Paint Acrylics
You can learn how to paint acrylics by following some easy guidelines. Acrylics are a great medium for painting all types of surfaces. Acrylics stick very well to a variety of surfaces making them a great choice for painting. You can paint almost anything using different types of acrylic paint.
In order to paint using acrylics you will need
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- 220 grit sandpaper
- Stencils or a design idea
- Brush container filled with water
- Surface for painting
- Spray paint primer
- Decide on design ideas. You can paint a variety of materials using acrylic paint. There are so many things you can paint. You could paint wood, glass, rocks, canvas, paper, pretty much anything you would like. You could use stencils to add creative designs to pieces of furniture or even repaint picture frames.
- Prepare the areas to be painted. You may need to primer the surface before painting. Do to do this first clean the area with a rag. Then apply the spray paint primer evenly across the surface. This will help you create a foundation for the paint to stick to. Let the primer dry for a couple of hours.
- Start painting. If you are planning on using stencils, attach the stencils using a piece of tape. Attach all four corners to ensure a really tight stencil. This will make your design look better. If the stencil slips, your design might get smeared. Paint the entire area you would like and use colors that compliment each other.
- Touch up areas that need a little extra attention. Sometimes these areas won’t be visible until your paint is completely dry. Take a small brush and dab the areas lightly with your acrylic paint. If you used stencils, you may need to touch up the stencils by hand to make them look better.
- Let dry completely in a non-windy area. Dirt and dust occasionally will get stuck to the paint. Make sure you let your finished product dry in a non-dusty area. Try to bring painted pieces inside to prevent dust particles from sticking to the paint.