Learn how to paint camouflage and you can change the look of your basement, garage or child's playroom confidently. Camouflage requires a bit of bold painting in order to get it right. Second-guessing your painting can create a muddy look.
In order to paint camouflage you will need;
- Paint, 3 different colors
- Pick three colors to use in your camouflaged area. These three colors can be a traditional combination of olive green, black and tan or black, tan and brown. But you don't have to stick with these. But you can go with softer, lighter colors if desired. Pink, white and gray, or a blue or purple with white and gray can work in a child's room.
- Use a pencil and a light touch to draw outline shapes for your camouflage. Just like there are no set colors, there are also no set shapes. If you are really stumped, there are camouflage stencils that can be traced. Another option is to use a french curve. Look at images of camouflage that you like and copy the general abstract, organic shapes. Vary the sizes, repeating the pattern along the area to be covered.
- Pick the lightest color and start painting in random shapes. The drawn shapes do not have to be filled in perfectly. The first layer will have it's edges defined by the other two colors.
- Let the colors dry completely between coats. After the light color has dried, use the medium shade. Choose a few of the shapes, leaving others for the darker color paint. Let dry.
- Paint camouflage by adding the final color to the empty shapes. Step back and make sure all the areas are filled in. You can use the dark to go over some of the other two colors until it seems balanced.
- Dark paint can be used to cover mistakes. A light shape can be added over a dark shape if needed as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.