You can learn how to paint formica very easily. This will give your kitchen a great makeover for a very low price. The materials needed to paint formica surfaces should only cost around a hundred bucks. This is a great way to make a huge change in your kitchen, even if you are on a budget.
To paint formica, you will need:
- 220 grit sandpaper
- An electric sander (if possible)
- A paint roller
- A heavy duty cleanser
- Scrubbing pads
- Painter’s tape
- First, you will need to clean the formica thoroughly. The best way to do this is to use a heavy duty cleanser and a tough scrubbing pad. This will help the paint stick to the surface and remove some of the sheen from the formica.
- Sand the area thoroughly. Sanding the area helps the paint to stick. Ideally, you should use an electric sander to accomplish this. Attach your sandpaper to the sander or use some elbow grease. Doing this step manually will take a lot of strength. Sand the area thoroughly until every square inch appears to be sanded.
- Tape off the areas you don’t want painted. Tape off or remove all cabinets and whatever else you don’t want painted. Painting gets messy really quickly, and taping off helps to speed up the clean up.
- Prep the formica by applying primer. Pour your primer into a container and start rolling it on. Apply thin coats to start. Thinner coats are better because they help to make the painted formica look much smoother. Allow the primer to dry for a few hours or as long as is necessary.
- Sand the primered formica. The primer may leave some bubbles or areas that won’t look right after paint is applied. Make sure you sand down any uneven areas and then clean with a damp cloth.
- Apply paint. Using a roller, apply the paint in a single stroke from top to bottom. Try to use a thin layer instead of slathering it on. This will make the painted formica look the best. You may need to apply a second coat depending on your color selection and paint type. Allow the formica to dry before adding any new coats.
- Remove the tape. Remove your tape after the paint has dried completely. Take off the tape very carefully so you don’t remove parts of the paint on the formica.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …