You want to know how to paint a mural so you can decorate a long wall. Murals look sharp, and brighten large areas with interest and color. You need not be a master artist to paint a mural.
To paint a mural, you will need the following materials:
- Black line outline of mural design, 8 ½” x 11”
- Colored Pencils
- Copy machine
- Copier transparencies
- Overhead projector
- Pencil or charcoal
- Acrylic paints
- Paint brushes in varying sizes
- Paint markers
- Place the black line outline of your mural design face down on the copier glass. Close the lid. Put a copier transparency in the bypass tray. Press the button to make a copy.
- Use the transparency you your design just made to project onto the wall. Place the transparency on the overhead projector, aimed at the wall where you want to paint a mural. Turn it on. Use the focus knob and move the projector until the design is projected in the size you want it to be.
- Trace the projected lines in pencil or charcoal on the wall.
- Color in the black line outline of your mural with colored pencils. Use this as a guide to buy acrylic paints in corresponding colors.
- As you paint a mural, keep referring back to this colored mural design, to be sure you get the right colors in the right places. Paint, using appropriate sizes of paint brush for each area.
- Let the paint dry completely. After you paint a mural, use paint markers to outline the colored areas to make them stand out. Shake the markers well before using.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!