You want to know how to paint a mural so you can decorate a long wall. Murals look sharp, and brighten large areas with interest and color. You need not be a master artist to paint a mural.
To paint a mural, you will need the following materials:
- Black line outline of mural design, 8 ½” x 11”
- Colored Pencils
- Copy machine
- Copier transparencies
- Overhead projector
- Pencil or charcoal
- Acrylic paints
- Paint brushes in varying sizes
- Paint markers
- Place the black line outline of your mural design face down on the copier glass. Close the lid. Put a copier transparency in the bypass tray. Press the button to make a copy.
- Use the transparency you your design just made to project onto the wall. Place the transparency on the overhead projector, aimed at the wall where you want to paint a mural. Turn it on. Use the focus knob and move the projector until the design is projected in the size you want it to be.
- Trace the projected lines in pencil or charcoal on the wall.
- Color in the black line outline of your mural with colored pencils. Use this as a guide to buy acrylic paints in corresponding colors.
- As you paint a mural, keep referring back to this colored mural design, to be sure you get the right colors in the right places. Paint, using appropriate sizes of paint brush for each area.
- Let the paint dry completely. After you paint a mural, use paint markers to outline the colored areas to make them stand out. Shake the markers well before using.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.