Learning how to paint plaid is a skill that can be used for a variety of crafts and projects. Paid can be painted on anything! Painting plaid seems more challenging than it is. Some artists are scared to even attempt to paint plaid because they don't know where to even begin. Don't be scared by plaid! We are here to teach you everything you need to know about painting pretty plaid patterns.
In order to paint plaid, you will need:
- Object you wish to paint
- Three bottles of paint in different colors
- Paper plate
- Dental floss
- Paint brush
- Sealant (optional)
- Begin with the clean, dry object. Coat the object with the background color of your choice. Apply a thin layer. Allow to dry.
- Pour a bit of the paint you will be using for the plaid onto the paper plate. Cut a strip of dental floss at least twelve inches in length.
- Wrap the dental floss around your fingers as you would to floss your teeth. Dip the floss into the paint. Shake off any excess paint.
- Begin at one end of the object and place the paint covered floss across it. Remove it quickly. This will create a straight colored line. You can continue making lines. For fainter lines, continue until the paint wears off the floss. For more vivid lines, dip the paint into the floss each time. Experiment with the look you prefer. Alternate using the remaining color going in the opposite direction. You can try using as many colors as you like. For thicker lines, use yarn instead of floss. Allow to dry. Apply a layer of sealant or top-coat depending on the surface you are painting.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)