There are all types of occasions that would call for you knowing how to paint shoes. Whether you are planning to go somewhere in costume, need to fit in at a sporting event, or plan on some type of a performance, painting shoes can be an important accessory to match what you are wearing. Take your time through each step of the process.
You will need:
- a pair of shoes
- a can of spray paint in the color you selected
- (you will need multiple cans for multiple colors)
- tarp or newspaper
- open area outside
- Decide on a color. If you are planning to paint shoes, there must be some type of reason. Think about the event, and try to choose a color that makes sense. If you want, you can attempt to color different portions of the shoes different colors. In that case, remember that it will take a little longer as you will need to wait until each color has dried before moving on the next.
- Choose a good location . The best place to paint shoes is outside. It ensures that you are not breathing in the fumes and can help your shoes dry more quickly. Even though you are going to take every precaution to make sure that you don't get paint anywhere, also try to find a place that will not permanently ruined by the paint.
- Lay out the newspaper or tarp. Be sure that you spread it out even farther than you plan to be working. The spray may not go to the exact location that you want it to. Covering the surrounding area is just to protect it.
- Lay the shoes on top of the tarp. Having them facing the side that you want to paint. If you are painting all one color, it makes sense to have the shoes standing up on the soles. If you are going with several colors, you may want to tilt the shoes onto their sides.
- Begin spray painting from about 9 to 12 inches away from the shoes. You can adjust depending on the wind and the amount of shoe that you wan to paint. If you are planning on doing a lot of painting, you may want to find a mask that will cover part of your face.
- Let the shoes dry. Because there will be paint that will dry attached to the tarp and the shoes, you want to try to move them to let them dry. With the newspaper, they can sit until dries and the newspaper can be easily removed.
- Make sure that they are very dry. When in doubt, wait a little longer.
After completing the steps once, you are a true expert on how to paint shoes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...