Learning how to paint a subwoofer box gives you the ability to create your own design so that your subwoofer stands out above the rest. If you want a really smooth finish on the final coat, then some time and effort will have to be applied. In the end, this will be a project to be proud of. For the purposes of keeping things simple, it is going to be assumed that the subwoofer box does not have a subwoofer in it or any of the accessories that go with the box.
To paint a subwoofer box, you will need:
- 220 grit wet sandpaper
- 400 grit wet sandpaper
- Paint and a paint gun (if you are not using a can of spray paint)
- Plain paper
- Make sure that the surface is smoothly sanded. Sand down any bumps and fill any gaps or dimples in the box. Wipe the box clean.
- Prime the box. The first layer of paint is going to be the primer. Apply it with smooth, even strokes. Allow the primer to dry, then wet sand with the 220 grit sandpaper. Repeat this process two more times to make sure that all flaws are removed and that there is a durable coat of primer applied.
- Paint the subwoofer box. Apply the paint to the subwoofer box using the same technique that was used on the primer until you get to the sanding part. Allow the paint to dry, then wet sand the paint with 400 grit sandpaper. This will remove any particles that may have gotten in the paint. Repeat this process two more times.
- Apply polyurethane. The polyurethane is what is going to make the subwoofer box glossy. Apply it using even strokes. Allow to dry, then wet sand with 400 grit sandpaper. Apply another coat of polyurethane and allow to dry. If there are any dust particles or small bumps in the final coat, go over it with a piece of plain paper as if you were sanding it. Enjoy your new subwoofer box!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.