Wondering how to paint a surfboard? Personalizing your surfboard is really easy. Just get the intended design or image from your head onto paper and it will be a work of art on your surfboard in a couple of days at the most.
Things you'll need:
- Sandpaper (300 grit)
- Spray paint or paint markers
- Cleaning solution
- Clear coat
- Old newspaper
- Clean your surfboard. A clean surface is necessary before you paint a surfboard. Use a good cleaner, water and rags to remove all traces of salt water, wax, dirt and/or debris. Dry the board.
- Wipe your surfboard with acetone. Clean the entire board to remove residue that's been left behind. Wipe the entire surface with the acetone.
- Sand your surfboard. Use a sanding block to remove all traces of paint, imperfections, etc. Make sure to sand the entire surface of the surfboard.
- Use tape to create your design. Use tape to separate colors. If the tape is too wide, consider using a thinner tape or cut the tape in half lengthwise. Place tape on the surfboard to create the desired design. Make sure to overlap the tape to prevent paint from ending up in places you do not want it to be.
- Use old newspaper to section off the board. You will be working with one color at a time, so make sure to use newspaper to block off sections you are not working on to avoid overspray.
- Use spray paint or paint markers to paint a surfboard. Allow the color to completely dry. Re-apply a second coat of color if needed before moving on to the next color. Remember to allow the paint to dry completely.
- Clear coat. A clear coat is needed to finish painting your surfboard. Once the design is finished, a clear coat needs to be applied. Repeat this step two to four more times for maximum protection and achieve the desired sheen.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.