It’s easy to learn how to paint trees. The prep work can be a pain depending on what kind of bark you are trying to paint. The easiest way is to use spray paint and primer. This reduces the prep time for painting trees dramatically.
In order to learn how to paint trees you will need
- Spray paint of your choice
- Primer spray paint
- Newspaper or drop cloth
- First, decide on what color you would like to paint your tree. Deciding on what color depends on a couple things. You might consider picking a color that matches your landscaping. You could also use bold colors to make a tree stand out. You might also look at what color foliage the tree has and make a decision from there. Keep in mind that certain trees change colors during the fall, so you might want to factor that in.
- Next, you will need to primer your tree before painting. Spray paint primer comes is a grey color and will really help your next paint color stick out. Painting a tree without primer will take too many coats, so applying a coat of primer first will save lots of time.
- Cover the tree thoroughly in primer. Spray throughout the tree evenly for the best results. Make sure primer gets into the divets in the bark for the best results. Let dry for at least three hours. If you can, let it dry all night.
- Apply your spray paint. After the primer has dried thoroughly, apply your spray paint. Make sure you spray evenly, going from top to bottom. You should hold the paint about 12 inches away from the tree.
- If you have a delicate tree, check and make sure paint won’t kill it. Some trees are more sensitive than others and applying paint may hurt your tree. Check with an arborist if you are unsure.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.