Learn about how to paint wicker furniture to give new life to some charming pieces. Wicker furniture can be delicate and beautiful, but over time, it can lose its luster. By painting wicker furniture, it's possible to bring back the beauty. Wicker furniture, whether it's chairs, tables, or settees, looks beautiful on a porch or patio nestled with green plants.
To paint wicker furniture, you will need:
- Wicker furniture
- Wire brush
- Oil-based wood primer
- Oil-based house paint
- Paintbrush and/or compressor
- Remove the old paint or finish. Before painting wicker furniture, be sure to remove as much of the old layers of paint or varnish or other finish as possible. Use a wire brush and gently scrub the wicker chair or table. Remove as much paint as possible then wipe the flakes away with a rag.
- Sand the wicker furniture. Use sandpaper to rough up the surfaces to be painted. This allows the primer and paint to adhere properly. Paint does not stick correctly to slick surfaces.
- Wipe the wicker furniture. Be sure to remove all dust and paint by wiping the piece with a clean rag.
- Prime the wicker furniture. Apply a coat of oil-based primer designed for wood to the piece using a paint brush. It's also possible to use a compressor. Allow the first coat of primer to dry then apply a second coat to properly seal the wood.
- Paint the wicker furniture. Use a durable oil-based house paint to paint the wicker furniture. This allows the paint to stand up to indoor or outdoor use and holds up better for many years rather than using latex paint. Allow the paint to dry then apply a second coat for added durability.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.