Need to know how to pass a soccer ball? Passing is a key component to the flow of the game of soccer. A player may pass to any player on the field (for the purpose of longevity, pass to your own team). This includes a pass to your own goalie, though special rules apply for that.
There are several types of passes in soccer, for example a back pass, lateral pass, lead pass and a give-and-go. Here we will cover the fundamentals of a good pass, observing solid field management and proper positioning. Even so, as you will see, there are many dynamics a player must consider when performing a basic pass.
- Basic fundamental passes are accomplished either in motion or static. In either case, the player passing the ball should think out his action prior to actually carrying-out the pass.
- Ensure the recipient is aware and able to receive the pass. This includes a clear lane and an advantage in position. A covered player does not mean a pass cannot occur. The passer must be aware of the marking player’s position.
- Static passes are made with the inside of the cleat. On occasion, toe passes may be appropriate but usually the inside of the cleat provides best overall control.
- For greatest control and precision delivery, motion passes may be made by either the inside of the cleat (passing across the body) or the outside of the cleat (passing outside the body).
- Body position of the passer is equally important when making a pass in soccer. Be sure to move into the pass to assist the delivery.
- Finally, be cautious of the strength of delivery. Over shooting or under shooting your teammate may lead to a turnover and a break away the other way.
Soccer is a faced paced exciting sport and solid passing is key component to maintaining offensive flow.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.