How To Pay Debt Collectors
There are many ways to find out how to pay debt collectors. When you are trying to pay debt collectors you can make monthly payments, go through debt consolidation, or offer to pay the debt out in one lump sum. Whatever choice that you decide to pay debt collectors has to be a choice that will benefit you.
- Gather all of your debts. Get current statements of all of your debts. You will be able to figure out how much you owe your debt collectors.
- Contact debt collectors. Get a figure on how much you really owe on your debts. This will give you some idea on what is the next step that you need to do to get this problem solved.
- Ask debt collectors about a payment plan. Debt collectors want you to pay the money that you owe, so they may allow you to make smaller payments. Tell them how much you can pay each month, even if it's just $20.
- Contact different consolidation companies. Gather all of your bills and tell the debt consolidation advisor your financial situation. Make sure the debt consolidation company doesn't charge you more than what you owe your debt collectors.
- Negotiate with your debt collectors. Tell your debt collectors how much you are willing to pay your debt completely out. Be firm. Only offer an amount that you know you can pay.
- Pay debt on time each month. Stay on top of your bills. You want to make sure that you don't get behind on your bills when you have a chance to have good credit again.