How To Pick Up Girls At A Bar
Learning how to pick up girls at a bar isn't too difficult. Typically, women expect to get hit on at a bar, and honestly go in the hopes that they'll be able to get some free drinks. However, if you're looking to successfully pick up a girl at a bar, here are a few tips.
- Don't be obvious! If you seem like you are on the prowl, that is a TURN OFF. If you are there with friends, be laughing and having a good time with them. You'll catch her eye if you are smiling and not trying to take yourself too seriously.
- Make eye contact first. This is where reading people becomes very important. If you begin to make eye contact with a girl, be sure to smile. Don't give the "sexy eyes" right away. Make your smile subtle and mildly mischievous. Perhaps even raise your drink to her and test the waters a bit. See what happens.
- Marinating. If you've already made your first contact, let the idea of you and her happening marinade a little bit. After a while, buy her a drink. Don't ask her, just have the bartender make her one and send it her way. The trick is to watch what she's been drinking all night. If she's sticking with vodka drinks - do that. If she is in the mood for wine, get her a nice glass. If she is interested after that point, she'll come to you and the type of drink you order for her can spark the conversation.
- No pick up lines, please. Once you finally decide to approach her, you can keep it simple. For example, "Hi. I thought I'd introduce myself."
- Be yourself. Once it becomes you are trying too hard, things can get awkward quickly. Ask her questions and find out what she is interested in. Make it a point to listen. Don't just nod your head and keep sipping your drink. If its hard to hear, say "its really hard to hear in this place, wanna step out?"