Need to know how to pick up girls? Whether you're looking for Mrs. Right or Mrs. Right Now, picking up girls can be a daunting task. So much beauty, so little time. How can you choose? How can you approach the girl you want? How can you guarantee that you don't end up wasting your time or hers?
- Know what you want. One of the biggest mistakes men make when getting involved in relationships is failing to understand what they truly want. We tend to choose someone we like and alter our needs to fit theirs, and this is not healthy. Take the time to figure out exactly what you want from the girl you're picking up and filter out the honeys who aren't with the program as soon as you realize they don't fit the bill. Yes, women think this is harsh (especially if you're looking for sex) and tend to label you as a dog, but the truth of the matter is you're saving the uninterested and incompatible women from the drama that comes with the lies, lines and heartbreak of purposely deceiving them into thinking you had bigger plans than just having a booty buddy for the short-term.
- Observe your prey. You can't just pick up the first girl who catches your attention. Engage in predatory surveillance and stalk her (lightly) from a distance. Your goal is to observe her natural interactions with friends, men and her surrounding environment to get a feel for what she's about and whether you'll really want to deal with her. Once you've observed her for a long enough period of time to discern potential compatibility, feel free to approach with your best introduction possible. Otherwise, move on to another gazelle whose meat promises to be juicier and more rewarding than the last.
- Don't hunt in packs; leave the brotherhood at home. Bringing your friends along to look for women is the most counterproductive thing you can do. Women, like men, don't like the idea of being introduced to a man's friends and family as soon as she meets him. And girls who observe a man hanging out with several other men will usually assume he's approaching her as part of some sick number collecting game between him and his friends. Roll alone to pick up women. If you must bring friends, bring no more than one or two; otherwise, you risk being labeled as insincere.
- Don't get emotionally attached. Rejection is natural in life; thus, rejection in the dating game is to be expected. Approach women like a numbers game and assume that for every seven to ten women who reject you there will be between one and three who will give you an opportunity to advance to the next round. Remember the wise old adage: "Women are like busses; if you miss one, you can find another one every hour, on the hour and very promptly." In other words, don't worry about failure when picking up girls.
- Posture yourself effectively. Whether you want to marry her or simply pretend that one day you will marry her, you must paint yourself as a dependable, ethical and trustworthy guy to her and her friends, when applicable. It doesn't matter if you're the quintessential "bad boy" type, you'll still need to come off as a hard ass who only softens your tough leather hide around her, and her only. When you pick up girls, the idea is to establish an emotional rapport that will make it hard for her to say no when you ask to exchange numbers. Do this by practicing active listening, maintaining good eye contact and not allowing yourself to take things too seriously. She'll think you're a wonderful, laid back guy who has a great sense of humor and knows how to build intimacy. The end result? Well, quite obviously, she will be more than happy to connect with you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.