Need to know how to pierce nipples? It seems like there's nothing people won't pierce these days. Nipple piercing is no exception. There's a right way and a wrong way to self pierce your nipples. Let's look at how we do it the right way.
To pierce nipples, you will need:
- An autoclaved piercing needle, gauge fourteen or sixteen
- Surgical gloves
- An earring
- Body piercing forceps
- A bag of ice or frozen vegetables
Thoroughly wash the area to be pierced and dry. Sterility is of high importance for piercing. A wound is being created in the body, which in turn can allow bacteria in. Nipple piercings can fail because of nasty infections, so be sure to practice hygiene. This is a good time to put on the gloves.
- Apply the forceps to the nipple. Use piercing forceps as they have guide holes and are made for this purpose. Any other type of forcep may cause additional discomfort during the piercing.
With the forceps in one hand, take the needle and firmly drive it through the nipple. Resist twisting the needle as this can cause an irregular hole to be formed.
Have the earring ready to be inserted. As the needle end is in the new hole, insert the ring behind it. Do this in as smooth a manner as you can. Fasten the earring securely.
- Perform clean up. Use the clean towel to wipe away any blood. If the bleeding is profuse, apply pressure until it slows down. In case the bleeding does not stop, go to an emergency room.
- Apply the bag of ice or frozen vegetables. This is to minimize swelling. For some people, the pain will be very intense for a few hours. Icing the area gives the best relief.
Aftercare of the new nipple piercings is important. Clean the sites at least a couple of times daily. It's not a bad idea to hold a cup of warm salt water over the nipple to help kill bacteria. Don't rush to play with your new piercings. It can take up to a year for them to completely heal. In the meantime, don't sling laptop or messenger bags across the body without some kind of padding on the strap. However, it's well worth the wait to heal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…