How To Pinch A Lacrosse Head
Lacrosse players, specifically offensive players, will often pinch a lacrosse head to improve ball control and prevent losing the ball to checks. You can pinch a lacrosse head by squeezing the walls of the head and setting it using heat and cold. Learning how to pinch a lacrosse head is a simple way to enhance your sweet lax skills.
- lacrosse head and mesh pocket
- lacrosse ball
- Pinch the head of the stick around a ball: Squeeze the walls of the lacrosse head around a lacrosse ball to get a feel for how narrow you want the head to be.
- Tie the head with string: After you pinch a lacrosse head to the desired width, tie the walls together with string. You can keep the ball in the head when you tie it off to keep the shape.
- Boil on stove: Bring a pot of water to boil. Place the head in the water. Leave the stick in the water for about two minutes. The heat will help pinch a lacrosse head.
- Place in freezer: To fully pinch a lacrosse head you must set the plastic. Place the head in the freezer overnight. This will set the plastic and keep the head pinched.
- Keep it legal: If a pinched stick is too narrow, it is illegal. Be sure to check the rulebook before you pinch a lacrosse head. If the ball will not fall out when the head is turned over or held upside down at 45 degrees, then the pinch is too narrow.