In this article, you can learn how to pinch a lacrosse stick to improve ball control and protect the ball from checks. Many players, especially attackmen, like to pinch a lacrosse stick to maintain the ball during defensive checks. Players pinch a lacrosse stick by narrowing the head of the stick using string and heat.
- lacrosse head and mesh pocket
- string or tape
- lacrosse ball
- oven mitt
- Place ball in stick: It is best to use a ball when you pinch a lacrosse stick, that way it is less likely that you will make the head of the stick too narrow.
- Pinch the head of the stick around the ball: Squeeze the walls of the lacrosse stick around the ball to get a feel for how narrow you want the head to be.
- Tie the head with string or tape: After you pinch a lacrosse stick to your desired width, use string to tie the walls in place. Keep the ball in the head when you tie it off.
- Heat over stove: Using the oven mitt, heat the head of the lacrosse stick over the stove for about five minutes. Be sure to rotate which side and end of the head is closest to the heat. Using heat is one of the best ways to pinch a lacrosse stick.
- Place in freezer: Place the stick in the freezer overnight. This will set the plastic in place. In order to pinch a lacrosse stick you need to make it permanent.
- Rules: Remember, it is illegal if a pinched stick is too narrow.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.