How To Plan Cheap Christmas Travel
If you're looking to reduce some of the pressure of hosting a Christmas family gathering, you might want to explore ways to plan cheap Christmas travel this year. Getting out of town, and even taking the family with you, can be a very affordable Christmas vacation and will be a present your whole family will remember. Below are some tips on how to plan cheap Christmas travel
- Travel on Christmas day. It might not be your favorite day of the year to be on the road or in a plane but you'll have less road traffic and bag cheaper flights if you actually travel on Christmas day to your destination. If you're traveling to a family home destination, why not delay the opening of Christmas presents until the day after Christmas so your family feels like it's actual Christmas day?
- If you're traveling by plane, check competing websites, such as Sidestep.com or Expedia.com for Christmas travel deals. Most websites have a 'deal' section so surf around and see what places are discounted for Christmas travel.
- Instead of staying in a hotel for your Christmas travel, look into renting a condo. A condo with a full kitchen will allow you to save money on eating out and can harbor a warmer feeling than a normal hotel stay.
- Select a destination that is not very popular at Christmas time. If you're looking to plan cheap Christmas travel, forget crowded Disney resorts or the warm destinations such as the Caribbean. Instead, check into renting a condo in a colder environment and make sure there's skiing and outdoor activities for the kids during their Christmas vacation.
- The more the merrier. You can rent a bigger house if you can get another family or more members of your immediate family to go in with you on your Christmas travel. Make sure though that wherever you rent can accommodate the number of people you plan to include in your Christmas travel.