How To Plan Cheap Travel To New York
How to plan cheap travel to New York takes understanding the people in New York are the same as in your home town. Ask the same questions asked at home. What do I need to plan a cheap trip and how can I get it. To start with, plan where you will stay and find out the cost. When searching how to plan cheap travel to New York, hotels in the city can be quite reasonable if you use the right resources.
- Hotel: Make hotel reservations before leaving home, and read the convention happening on the web companions. Many people think of Hostels when in Europe but to plan cheap travel to New York also consider that New York has hostels too. These rooms are a lot cheaper than regular hotels but they are dormitory style. There are almost 100 costing from $14 and up, much cheaper than the average hotel room.
- Meals: High quality restaurants are wonderful, but on a budget? Please. Find a local street vendor with great sandwiches and you will find the rest of the good food for real prices. A tip asks the bell hop, they know where the best food in town is for the cheapest prices.
- Flights: Search all of the discount sights for plane ticket and consider the option of buying your tickets in advance which saves you money. If the trip is not that important waiting until the last minute to see if there is a seat is ok.
- Ground Travel: A decision has to be made on the best way to get from one point to the next. The train station, Grand Central Station, is in the heat of New York, right in the thick of things but the airports require a little transportation. There are shuttle buses and taxis but check to see if the hotel has a shuttle, most do.
- When using the train to travel: Taking the train is an option if the sleeping car is not necessary. This can really bump the price up. If possible save this money sleep in the seat and apply that money for an extra day of hotel fare and enjoy the city for another couple of days.
- Night Life and Excursions: the budget has been tight on the hotel, the transportation, and souvenirs’ have been sacrificed short of a T shirt but the chance to paint the town in New York cannot be skimped upon. There are shows that are must see but use some city tourist coupons to get into these as well as excursions.
- Souvenirs: Buy a T shirt, collect hotel brochures and take lots of digital photo to download into the computer. Soon people will be offering a trip so they can have company
- Activities: This is a city that has so much to offer go boating, hiking, golfing or ferry boat riding. When choosing any activity stay away from peak times and keep an eye out for places the locals go, so much cheaper and much more fun than the run of the mill.
How to plan cheap travel to New York takes a little thought. New York is considered one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in but people live there every day.
- The city has access to 3 airports, shuttle service or buses are a cheaper means into the city.
- New York is a city filled with taxi cabs, buses, and subways. New to the city and lack familiarity, take a taxi; this might be the best means of transportation for a stay.
- Talk to the hotel desk clerk and invest in a city map but please do not read it on the street; look normal.