Learn about how to plan a deer hunting trip to be prepared for your outdoor adventure. Deer hunting is a great way to get out into the big outdoors and of course, to bring home a deer. The venison you'll have from the deer is just one benefit of deer hunting. The experience of deer hunting and planning the trip are rewards to be savored as well. Do some planning for your deer hunting trip to make it the best it can be.
- Be legal. Find out what permits you will need for deer hunting. Know the rules and laws in the area where you'll be deer hunting. Get the proper permits so you can legally hunt. Know the limit and hunting season dates and whether it's bow or gun season.
- Pack the right ammo. If you're using a gun for deer hunting, plan on how much ammunition you'll need. Keep it safe in a separate safe box. Take along gun bags to store guns safely when not in use.
- Check the weather. There's nothing worse than not having the right gear and clothing for bad weather. Make your deer hunting trip enjoyable by packing extra clothes like long johns, gloves, hats, and hand heaters if necessary. Check the weather a day or so before you leave to know what to expect.
- Pack the right supplies. The number of people in your hunting party will determine what and how much of the supplies you will need. Also know if you'll be hunting for the day or staying overnight. Be sure to pack enough tents, sleeping bags, flashlights, and any other supplies needed to make the deer hunting trip comfortable and fun.
- Take enough food and water. Be sure to take along plenty of fresh drinkable water. Don't depend of streams for water if you want to stay healthy. Take food that is easy to prepare over a camp stove or fire. Consider taking along a loaf of bread and peanut butter in case of emergencies.
- Think of the extras. Do you need to take along firewood? If the weather is wet and the ground muddy, consider taking scrap carpet or old rugs or cardboard to place in front of the entrance to the tent to keep it clean and dry inside. Pack extra matches and put them in a plastic bag to keep them dry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.