How To Plan A Graduation Party
When you learn how to plan a graduation party, you are able to ensure that you give your newly graduated scholar the recognition that they deserve. This is a big accomplishment in their life, and it is a good idea to throw them a party in their honor. While everyone’s party is different, in fact it should be different, there are a few essential tips that every party planer should follow when they plan a graduation party.
- First set a budget. This will give you an indication of what type of party you want to throw. Setting a budget, when you plan a graduation party, will help you decide where you would like to have the party. You can have it at home, in the park, or you can rent a facility. A budget also lets you know what kind of food you can serve and how much to serve. It also sets a guide line on what type of entertainment, if any, you plan to provide.
- Create you invitation list. Remember, this party is to congratulate the new graduate; so try to keep the invitation open. Many people will want to stop by and offer their kudos, so do not make it an exclusive party. When you send out your invitations, they should be sent out at least three weeks, but you should shoot for five, before the date of the graduation party.
- Decide on a venue. It is perfectly appropriate and acceptable to have a graduation party at your house. You can also have it at the park, or rent a facility, such as a hall. No matter what you do remember to decorate. The venue should be festive full of balloons, streamers, and banners that match the colors of the school the new alumnus has graduated from.
- Your food and drinks should be age appropriate. If this is a high school graduation, then do not serve alcohol, even for the older adults. Finger foods, pasta salads, sandwiches are all appropriate graduation party foods.
- To really make the graduation party special, go the extra mile. Create a scrape book full of memories, and have each guest sign it. Video tape the special occasion, and take lots of photos. Display pictures and photographs of your graduate from when they were little. Some graduation parties even have hired DJs. Just do whatever it takes to make the graduate feel special.