Learn how to plan a meal replacement menu that is healthy and meets your needs. People use meal replacement menus for different reasons such as to lose weight, to consume enough calories when ill or to drink when chewing is not an option. The main reason meal replacements are used is for weight loss, which will be discussed here.
To plan a meal replacement menu, you will need:
- Directions from your doctor
- Meal replacement shakes
- Food approved for the meal replacement plan (such as lean meats, fruits and vegetables)
- See your doctor. To stay healthy, it's important to see a doctor before you plan a meal replacement menu. Get specific directions and instructions on how to use the meal replacement shakes or other items that will keep you healthy and are safe for your body. Call your doctor if you have any side affects or problems while on the meal replacement plan. At the very least, it's a good idea to get a check up to ask your doctor if you are healthy enough to be using a meal replacement menu.
- Find the right meal replacement menu for your needs. When a doctor administers a meal replacement plan, it is generally for patients who need to lose a large amount of weight. Use the meal replacement menu the doctor prescribes so your body gets the nutrition it needs to stay healthy while allowing for weight loss. If you want to plan a meal replacement menu without a doctor's prescription, use a reputable meal replacement shake that provides good nutrition.
- Drink shakes for one or two meals. Meal replacement menus generally consist of replacing one or two meals each day with a meal replacement shake like Slim-Fast or Atkins Nutritionals. These meals are often breakfast and lunch. Snacks consisting of fruit are generally permitted mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Eat one or two healthy meals. The other meal(s) consist of eating healthy food choices such as lean protein, like fish or chicken, vegetables and fruit. The convenience of drinking meal replacement shakes instead of preparing meals makes them an easy choice for many people.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.