How to Plan a Party on a Budget
If you're getting ready to throw a party you may be wondering how to plan a party on a budget. Parties are a great way to get your family and friends together. Although if you're not careful that good time could cost you a lot of money. Follow these easy tips to learn how to plan a party on a budget.
- Look for items that are marked down. If you have been holding the annual St. Patrick’s day party for five years there is a good chance you will be throwing one again. After the holiday look for decorations that have been moved to the clearance rack. You can often find decorations marked down 75% or more off of the original price. This is a great way to save on your party budget.
- Store reusable items. Do not throw away unused plastic cups, table cloths or other items. These items can be stored in a plastic container and used for another party. Put items away according to their theme. This will allow you to quickly look and take stock of what you already have when shopping for your next party
- Ask your guests to bring along a food dish. Guests often like to show off their culinary skills. Ask guests to bring a side dish or appetizer. This can save the you a lot of money in food costs. You can even offer a prize for best-tasting side dish.
- Make the cake yourself. Making the cake yourself is a great way to party on a budget. Cake mix is really inexpensive. The Internet has a lot of instructions on how to decorate a cake. Some bakeries charge more than $75.00 for a cake. You could make a beautifully decorated cake for less than $10.00.
- Save on the cost of a stamp. Take a look at your guest list and send anyone that you have an email address for an invitation through e-mail. There are even some websites that allow you to send out e-invitations for free. If there are people you want to invite who don’t have an e-mail address, call them on the phone. With the cost of a stamp being $.44 ,this can be a big savings on your party budget.
These are just a few ways you can plan a party on a budget. Most guests don’t expect a host to put on a big elaborate party. Guests just want to have a good time with their friends. Have fun when you plan a party on a budget and come up with other unique ways to save money.