How To Plan A Scavenger Hunt
If you are looking for something fun to do then learn how to plan a scavenger hunt and you will have a great time. Scavenger hunts are fun for all ages and there are so many places to do one, you will always have something to do. Plan a scavenger hunt and get ready for the fun.
- 2 Cameras (one for each team)
- 2 lists of items to be "found"
- 2 cell phones (one for each team)
- Gather the right group of people. The livelier the group of people, the more fun the hunt will be. Find your most adventurous friends, the ones who don’t mind taking a few risks and doing some crazy things. You also want active people in the mix, a lazy group won’t get anything done and won’t be willing to do much. Make sure everyone involved is ready to get moving. Also keep in mind that you don’t have to have a lot of people involved. About five per team is fair, but the teams don’t necessarily have to be even.
- Write out a list for the other team. Send the opposing team on a wild goose chase. Have them bring back difficult items, take random pictures or photograph themselves doing crazy things. Assign point values for each thing on the list they complete.
- Set up rules. Decide how much time each team gets to complete the hunt. Deduct points for every minute a team is late.
- Make sure each team has the necessities. Each team needs a camera. A camera phone works but a digital camera would be better. It’s probably not a good idea to use a disposable camera because it will take too much time to get the photos exposed. They also will need the list that the other team creates and each team should have cell phones to contact each other.