How To Plan A Vacation To Disney World On A Budget
It's not difficult to plan a vacation to Walt Disney World on a budget. There are countless people that visit the theme park each year while spending a minimal amount of money. All you need is a good game plan and you can easily stay within the amount of money that your budget will allow.
In order to plan a vacation to Walt Disney World on a budget you will need:
- Computer with an Internet Connection
- Credit Card
- Determine your budget. The first thing you need to know in order to plan a vacation to Disney World on a budget is exactly what your budget will be. Sit down with a pen, paper and a calculator so that you can figure out exactly how much money you can afford to spend.
- Research hotels. There are benefits to staying at one of the Disney World resorts, and there are even resorts that are moderately priced. Before you search for other hotels in the area determine whether or not your budget will allow for you to stay on-site. Rooms at the Disney World resorts are cheaper if you visit during the off-season. However, when you plan a vacation to Walt Disney World on a budget, it's not always possible to stay on-site. If you can't afford to stay on-site, there are plenty of cheap hotels in the area. If you area staying off-site, make sure you book a room with a hotel that offers a free shuttle service to and from the parks, and also provides a complimentary breakfast.
- Determine what form of transportation you will use to get to Orlando. If you can drive, it's often cheaper than flying. Especially when you figure in the cost of round-trip plane tickets for the entire family. However, if you have to fly, booking your flight in way in advance can save you money on airfare. There are also websites designed to let you compare rates at various airlines.
- Plan your meals. It's important to plan your meals before you arrive when you plan a vacation to Walt Disney World on a budget. One of the biggest expenses you have when traveling is the cost of food; this is especially true when you visit a theme park. If you decide to stay at a Walt Disney resort, it's wise to look into their dining plan options. This will save you a vast amount of money. If you are staying off-site, eat breakfast before you go. Then take your lunch and a water bottle with you. Disney World allows guests to bring food into the park, as long as the food is not in glass containers and doesn't need to be heated up. Provide each member of your family with a fanny pack to put their food and water bottle in. If you eat a meal in the park, look at the park map before you decide where to go. There are dollar signs on the map next to each restaurant. The less dollar signs you see, the cheaper the venue is.
- Create a souvenir budget. Give each member of you family a set amount of money that they are allowed to spend on souvenirs. You can also take advantage of the pressed penny machines located throughout the park. The pennies are pressed with images of the ride they are near and make cheap souvenirs. Keep in mind that pictures make the best souvenirs, and are the cheapest as well.