How To Play Burned Wii Games
If you want to create a backup copy of your Nintendo Wii games, you'll need to know how to play burned Wii games before you can use your burned copies. Keeping a backup copy ensures you can still play your games even if the original disc becomes damaged. Make a copy of each of your games and keep the backups in a safe place, such as a three-ring game binder.
Items You'll Need:
- Unlock hack program
- SD card
- Wii game or game files
- Blank DVD
- Install an unlock hack program onto your Wii. Several online sites offer the download for free. The hombrew channel is one of the most popular unlock programs. This file can be found at http://hbc.hackmii.com/. Put the file on an SD card and transfer it to the Nintendo Wii. Follow the onscreen instructions to setup the program for the first time. If you have a Nintendo Wii with a ModChip, you won't need this software.
- Download the game files for the game you want to play. Insert your SD card back into your computer and copy the files onto the card. You may need to rename or replace certain files. Follow the instructions which came with your game download, or are available on the website hosting the download.
- Burn the game files, or copy of your original game if the disc is still in working condition, onto a blank DVD. This creates a burned copy of your Wii game.
- Insert the SD card into your Nintendo Wii. Back up the Nintendo Wii's memory files onto the SD card. If you download a bad game and have to reset your Wii, you'll have this copy of your memory files to reinstall your data onto the Wii.
- Insert the burned game into the Wii. Load the game and it should play. If not, check that your unlock hack program is properly installed and try again.