If you are a novice to Call of Duty, then learning how to play Call of Duty World at War online may be just the challenge you need to develop your skills. The online version is filled with tons of people of all skill levels, so you probably won't be the only novice player on your team. If this is your first time playing the game, then it may be more challenging than you expected, but it can be done. For those of you who are ready to take the plunge into online gaming, here are a few steps that will help you learn to play Call of Duty World at War online.
To play Call of Duty World at War online, you will need:
- Call of Duty World at War for Xbox 360, PS3, or PC
- Insert the game into your console and turn it on. Make sure that it is updated with all the newest patches. If not, allow your system to automatically do this for you. When it gets to the main menu, press the start button and go down to the last option that says "multiplayer". Choose the correct online program for your system. For example, if you have an Xbox 360, you will choose Xbox Live, and if you have a PS3, you will choose PlayStation Network.
- Figure out if you want to join a match or make your own. If you join a match, you will be paired up with other random people, but if you make your own, you can play with just your friends and other people you know. Choose the type of match or game you want to play and select it.
- Wait for the match to start. In this stage, you are essentially waiting for other players to join in on your match and once there are enough players the match will begin. You can also use this time to choose your class.
- Once the game starts, you have to be aware of your surroundings. The orange dots on your radar represent your opponents and the green dots represent people on your team. You get ten points for a kill and only two for an assist. The point of the game is to get as many kills as possible to help your team win.
- You can help your team win by moving around. Staying still for too long is a recipe for disaster. When you fire a shot, you come off on your opponents radar and your position becomes compromised. Avoid staying still so that you can always remain one step ahead of your opponents.
Playing Call of Duty World at War online is pretty fun due to the competitive nature of the game, but it can also be a little difficult to figure out.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.