How To Play Casino Craps
If you have been in a casino, heard the uproar that happens at the craps table, and want in on the action, then it’s time to learn how to play casino craps. Craps is a dice game where the players bet together, mostly, on the outcome of a dice roll. If you have seen a craps table you know that it looks confusing, but the game is really very simple if you ignore all of the long odds bets.
- Bet on the pass line. The pass line bet is the fundamental bet in the game of craps. When the dealer turns the maker to “OFF,” it means that a new shooter will take their turn and now it is time for you to place your wager in the pass line area. If the next roll is seven or eleven, you win even money, and if the next roll is two, three, or twelve, then you lose your bet. Any other outcome becomes the “point.” The shooter will continue to roll until he either rolls a seven, and the pass line bet loses, or the point again, and the pass line bet wins.
- Make an odds bet. An odds bet is placed right behind your pass line bet, after a point has been rolled. Odds bets are allowed to be up to a certain multiple of your pass line bet and the casino will post the maximum odds bet on the table. Odds bets pay out at the same time as pass line bets, and lose on a roll of a seven. Odds bets payouts are statistically fair payouts, meaning there is no house edge on these bets.
- Make a come bet. If you have made a pass line bet and an odds bet, you may find the game a little boring while you wait for a seven or the point to be rolled. To get a little more action in the game, make a come bet. Place your wager in the “Come” area of the table. The come bet acts the exact same way as a pass line bet, meaning that if the next roll is two, three, or twelve you lose, and if it is seven or eleven you win. If another number is rolled, then that number becomes the point needed to be rolled for the come bet to win.
- Make a place bet. A place bet is a wager that a certain number between four and ten will be rolled before a seven is. Just put your wager in front of you and tell the dealer which number you want to make a place bet on.
- Learn the other wagers, but don’t overdo it. There are many other ways to bet on craps, most with a huge house edge. These bets can be fun if they pay off, but if you constantly play them, your money won’t last long.