How To Play Craps And Win
Need to know how to play craps and win? Everyone who plays craps wants to learn how to win, and with a decent strategy, and luck on your side, you may be able to change those red chips into black. There are a few basic moves to be aware of when you belly up to your next hot craps table.
- Know how to identify a hot craps table. You can win big on a hot craps table, but a lukewarm or cold table? Maybe not so much. Listen to the chatter around the table. Are the gamblers laughing, doing high fives in the air? Are there a lot of chips on the table and are the chips green ($25) or, even better, black ($100)? If any of the above are happening, get in there and start your own winning streak.
- Pick a table that has the highest odds on the back line. Every craps table will list the odds you can bet on a small plaque on the table. Pick a table that has at least five times odds. That means that for each chip you place on the Pass Line, you can put five chips behind it to play the "Odds."
- Place money on the numbers six and eight. If you don't make any other side bets, put at least six dollars each on the six and eight. Pocket the money when they come in for the first time and then start pressing your bet. You want to make sure you make back at least what you have on the table so you're not going in the hole each roll.
- Don't place the "Field" bets. Although the Field can be a fun bet, it's a sucker's bet, designed to make the casino money.
- Know when to walk away. If you're losing consistently, don't throw good money after bad. Get out of there and find another hot craps table!