If you love to play Blackjack but find the Blackjack tables in a casino intimidating or unappealing, it’s time for you to learn how to play electronic Blackjack. Most casinos offer electronic Blackjack as one of a number of games on a video gaming machine. Electronic Blackjack uses the same rules as tabletop Blackjack, it just lacks the social aspects.
- Put your cash into the machine. The video gaming machine will turn your cash into credits.
- Select Blackjack form the list of games. Most electronic gaming machines contain a number of games like Blackjack, Keno and Video Poker.
- Select your bet amount and press the “Deal” button. Most machines will have a minimum bet that is listed prominently on the machine. There will be “+” or “-“ buttons on the screen which you can touch to increase or decrease your bet. Some machines may not have the plus and minus buttons and will have you touch the bet amount again to increase your bet.
- Watch out for Blackjacks. The goal of the game is to get as close to 21 as possible without going over. Cards are worth their face value with the jack, queen and king worth ten and an ace worth one or eleven, whichever is better for your hand. If you are dealt 21 on your opening hand, you have Blackjack and win your wager. If the dealer has 21 on his opening hand, you lose your wager.
- Hit or Stand. Once the first two cards have been dealt, you can choose to draw another card to add to your total, called taking a hit. Press the “Hit me” button on the screen to take a card. When you are content with your card total, press the “Stand” button to finish your hand. Once you stand on your hand, the dealer will then play his hand, and whoever winds up with the higher hand wins. Remember that any hand that goes over 21, automatically loses.
- Split or Double Down. If your first two cards are a pair, you can press the “Split” button to create two separate hands that you can play. You automatically place a second bet when you split a hand. If your first two cards are between nine and eleven, you may want to press the “Double down” button. By doubling down, you are placing a second wager and drawing one more card to complete your hand. You cannot take a hit after this one extra card. You are allowed to double down on any opening hand, but it is not advisable if your opening hard is below a nine.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …