If you want to know how to play football better, you have to dedicate yourself both on and off the field. You will have to spend long hours in the weight room, training to get stronger and faster. To play football better, you will also have to learn how to master your position, so you can dominate your opponent.
Things You Need:
- Extra football equipment
- Get in the weight room and start training. You will have to figure out the best way to train with weights in order to play football better, based on the position you play. For example, if you are a lineman, you want to lift heavy so you can gain size and strength. If you are a safety, you need speed and strength, so you will have to design your weightlifting workouts to help you get faster and stronger. If your team has a strength coach, ask his advice so you can maximize your potential.
- Make sure you have the proper equipment. If you play a line position, get all of the pads you need such as a neck roll, and extra arm and hand pads. The equipment manager can help you figure out all of the gear you need, and he will also make sure it fits properly, which will help you play football better.
- Study the playbook so you are prepared on game day. Every player on the team has a job to do, so to play football better you have to know the ins and outs of your position by heart. Try to learn a few plays each day, until you have them all memorized.
- Work on improving at your position. If you are going to play football better, you have to spend a lot of time practicing. Ask the coach to help you with your technique, and to give you some pointers on how to be more effective on the field.
- Leave it all on the field on game day. If you want to play football better, you must have the inner drive to push yourself past the pain. All of the great players give 100% effort every game, so you must do the same if you want to have success on the field.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …