How To Play Golf
Want to know how to play golf? Golf is a fun and challenging sport. Many people love to play golf. Follow these simple directions and you will be on a golf course in no time.
What you'll need:
- Set of golf clubs
- Golf balls
- Appropriate clothing
- Buy the equipment. This equipment consists of golf clubs, golf shoes, tees, golf balls and a collared golf shirt. After you buy your equipment, go to a local driving range and take a few golf lessons from a pro. The pro will show you the basics. You will learn how to set the ball on a tee and hit a golf ball. Your instructor will allow you to practice hitting the golf ball.
- Call a golf course and set a tee time. Make sure you ask what kind of clothes they want you to wear. Many golf courses have a dress code. Show up at the course at the correct time and prepare to play. Get your scorecard from the front desk. It is a good idea to play your first round of golf with a friend.
Go to the first hole. Place you golf ball on the tee. Hit the ball the way the golf pro taught you. You will hit the ball over again until you reach the green. Each green is marked with a numbered flag. During your journey to the green, you may meet a few hazards. These hazards are bodies of water and sand traps. If you get your golf ball into one of the hazards, your golfing will become more difficult. For beginner golfers, another hazard is the out of bounds markers. If you hit your ball out of bounds, you may lose it.
- When you drive the ball off the tee, use a driver. When you hit the ball off the ground, use an iron. When you hit the ball out of hazards, you use a pitching or sand wedge. Each area on the course needs a different club. You will learn some of these differences from the golf pro. You will learn more of these differences in golf club uses from your continued experience on the course.
- Once you reach the green, use a putter to get your golf ball in the hole. Once you get the golf ball in the hole, you are finished the hole. Your score is determined by how many shots it takes you to finish the hole. This is from the time you hit the ball off the tee, until you sink the it into the hole.
- Put your score on the golf scorecard. The scorecard will show you how many shots it took to make par on each hole. Your score will determine how much you are over or under par. A low score in golf is good. A high score in golf is not.
- While you play golf, follow all course rules. If somebody behind you plays faster than you play, let him or her ahead of you.
- Your continued play and experience will help you score better the longer you play the game.
Posted on: May. 14, 2010