How To Play GTA IV Online
When you get tired of killing the same old NPCs in "Grand Theft Auto 4," then it's time to really test your game and learn how to play "GTA IV" online. "GTA IV" follows the exploits of Niko Bellic as he shoots his way through Liberty City, but once the storyline ends, there is only so much you can do with the game. Luckily, Rockstar Games added a multiplayer feature to "GTA IV" that lets you play against other players from around the world. "GTA IV" online features both ranked and unranked games, and several different types of games ranging from free-for-all shootouts to vehicle races to car jacking contests. Playing "GTA IV" online is fairly easy, as long as you have your PS3 or Xbox 360 connected to the Internet.
- Play through the opening single-player mission to get your cell phone. This mission is simple and should be quick, but you need the cell phone to access multiplayer mode.
- Press "Up" on the directional pad to bring up the cell phone interface. Scroll down to "Multiplayer" in the menu and select it.
- Scroll to the option to customize your character. Since it would be no fun if everyone was just running around as Niko Bellic, "GTA 4's" online multiplayer lets you change everything from your clothes to your hair to your sex. Additional options will become available here if you increase your rank by playing online ranked games.
- Start a multiplayer match. You can choose a standard match, a ranked match or a party match. Party matches are where everyone who is playing is on the same team and there are no police, essentially just a kill everything that moves mode.
- Select the mode and game type that you want to play. "GTA IV" offers up to five different modes: team games, cooperative games, competitive games, free games and race modes. Once you choose a game mode, choose between two or three game types. You will then join the "GTA IV" online game.