When playing faster songs such as "Through the Fire and Flames," it is helpful to know how to play Guitar Hero 3 without strumming. Knowing how to play Guitar Hero 3 without strumming allows you to hit notes faster and easier but the technique only works on certain sections. Before you start learning how to play Guitar Hero 3 you will need to gather the following items.
- Guitar Hero 3 Game Disc
- Playstation 3/X-Box 360/Nintendo Wii
- Limber Fingers
Once you have gathered all of these items, it is time to learn how to play Guitar Hero 3 without strumming.
- Strumming is essential. The first step in learning how to play Guitar Hero 3 without strumming is realizing that strumming is part of the game. There is no way to eliminate strumming altogether, but there are ways to significantly reduce the amount of strumming you do. These are called hammer ons and pull offs. They are great for sections with a lot of notes in a short span of time. Mastering these techniques can allow you to play long sections of songs in Guitar Hero 3 only strumming once.
- Hammer ons. Learning how to perform hammer ons is fairly simple. The hard part is mastering them. To perform a hammer on wait for a section of song with a lot of notes in a short amount of time and start with a lower note. A low note is represented by the green, red, or yellow buttons. Strum once for the first note, then quickly press the following buttons. When timed correctly, this will allow you to play the notes without strumming; you only need to strum for the first note.
- Pull offs. Pull offs are performed much like hammer ons, but with one difference. Instead of sequences starting with a lower note such green and red, the sequence will start with a higher note such as orange or blue. Again, the notes must be close to each other for this technique to work, but it is very effective for solos.
- Practice. The last step in learning how to play Guitar Hero 3 without strumming is simply practicing. It takes some work to figure out which sections hammer ons and pull offs can be performed on. It also takes times to get the timing right. The only way to master these techniques is to practice.
Now you know all there is about how to play Guitar Hero 3 without strumming.