Get ready for some of the greatest times of your life entertaining your family and friends when you learn how to play guitar left-handed. You'll join super stars like Paul McCartney and Jimi Hendrix who also learned to play guitar left-handed. Being left handed gives you the luxury of playing any guitar, including a right-handed made guitar, or a left-handed made guitar. The choice is yours, and so are the great times you'll have playing left-handed guitar. Let's get started with the fun.
- Decide if you want to learn to play a left-handed made guitar, or a right-handed made guitar. You can learn to play a right-handed made guitar left-handed. You can also decide to learn to play a left-handed made guitar left handed. The choice is yours. Learning to play a right-handed guitar left-handed is a little more difficult. You will take the right-handed made guitar and spin the guitar completely around so that the thickest guitar string is now on the bottom of the set of strings. Every chord you learn will be upside down, because the right-handed made guitar has be turned around allowing you to strum the right-handed made guitar with your left hand. The main benefit of learning to play a right-handed made guitar left handed is that you will be able to play the majority of guitars that most people own. It is highly likely that your friend's guitars, or any guitar you want to play at a party, will be right handed.
- Purchase a quality made guitar. Don't buy a guitar that has a warped or bowed guitar neck. There should only be about 1/8 inch gap between the guitar strings and the guitar neck. A warped guitar neck makes the guitar hard to tune the strings properly, and is very hard to play. Added pressure must be applied to the strings because of the unnecessary gap between the guitar strings and the guitar neck itself.
- Get comfortable with your guitar. Strum your guitar and pick the strings. Don't be concerned on how your playing sounds, this is all about feeling comfortable with your guitar in your hands and in your lap. A good adjustable guitar strap is also a valuable tool in getting comfortable in learning to play left-handed guitar.
- Invest in a reasonably priced battery operated guitar string tuner. These automatic guitar string tuners are very inexpensive and allow you to tune your guitar strings by simply plucking each string one at a time and then tightening or loosening the guitar string until it is in tune. The automatic tuner's indicator needle will show you when the string is in perfect tune. These battery operated guitar tuners usually cost around twenty dollars and will fit in the palm of your hand.
- Buy a good medium thickness guitar pick at your local music store, or pick one up when you purchase your guitar. Guitar picks make your picking and strumming sound great. Guitar picks will also keep your fingers and thumb from getting sore while you are learning how to play the guitar left-handed.
- Purchase a guitar chord book from a local music store. You can also download a guitar chord chart online. Guitar chord charts are small pictures of the top of the guitar neck and the guitar's six strings. The guitar chord chart show you exactly where to put each finger on each string. This teaches you how to play each chord you want to learn correctly. Your fingers are represented by dots on the diagrams. Guitar chord charts make learning chords and understanding the finger placement of each chord very easy for you.
- Start by learning the three major guitar chords E, A, and D. These three guitar chords are easy to learn, and are played with just three of your fingers. Learning these three chords will let you to play thousands of your favorite songs playing left-handed guitar.
- Have fun practicing and learning to play left-handed guitar. You are going to have more fun then you've ever had in your life playing left-handed guitar.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.