How To Play Halo 3 Online
Learning how to play Halo 3 on your Xbox 360 with just a sibling or friend is nowhere near the same as learning how to play Halo 3 online. The dynamics of the game are different and require much more attention to detail. The Halo 3 online version tests your reflexes and skill level like they have never been tested before. In order to be remotely successfully, you need to have a few good strategies that will help get you through the game. The online version is more challenging and may not be for everyone. However, if you follow these strategies, you may find out that you like the challenge.
- You need to communicate often. Communication is the key to any successful team and in this case you will need a lot of it to accomplish your goals. Halo 3 teams are plagued with tons of miscommunication that leads to failure. Your team should have a distinct name for all the locations on the map. When you say something make sure that you are clear and concise. Playing Halo 3 online is not for individuals who are overly shy or extremely timid. This game will require you to break out of your shell and speak up.
- Stay together. There is no use in trying to pull a Mission Impossible and going off by yourself. This action will probably do more harm than good.
- Switch button layout to "Bumper Jumper". The advantage of this layout is that it allows you to jump while keeping your thumbs on your joysticks. If you choose to use the default you cannot jump without being forced to remove your hands from the joystick. The main reason you would want to use "Bumper Jumper" is to make it harder for your opponents to hit you.
- Play with your mic on. This goes back to communication. If you have a mic, then do not be afraid to use it. One of the most frustrating things with playing Halo 3 online is not being able to communicate with other members on your team because they refuse to use their mic.
- Do not misuse the weapons. You may not be fully aware of what each weapon is used for but some are pretty self explanatory. If you see a car that has a weapon on it and you choose to use it for transportation rather than to attack the other team, then you probably should not be playing this game online.