Before participating in one of the newest lottery games offered in the Buckeye State, it's a good idea to learn how to play KENO in Ohio. Introduced in 2008, the game is very simple to play, allowing players to select up to ten numbers from a pool of 80 and win up to twenty million dollars instantly. Ohio's KENO lottery game is also convenient, offered at gas stations, convenience stores, bowling alleys, racetracks, bars and restaurants, between 6:04 a.m. and 2:28 a.m. seven days a week.
- Find a participating Ohio Lottery Retailer offering KENO. Of the almost 9,000 Ohio Lottery Retailers, over 1,100 offer KENO. The official website of the Ohio Lottery offers a searchable form to find a KENO retailer in your area.
- Ask the retailer for an Ohio KENO wager slip and pencil. This is used to select how you'd like to play the game and how much you'd like to wager. The vast majority of lottery retailers will require the completed wager slip to place a bet rather than accepting verbal betting instructions.
- Select how many spots you'd like to play between one and ten. This is the quantity of numbers you'd like to select from the pool of 80. Darken the number between one and ten to correspond to your choice.
Pick how many dollars you wish to bet per drawing. One, two, three, four, five, ten and twenty dollars can be bet per drawing, with the payout based on the number of spots played, amount bet and numbers matched. Darken the number to correspond to your desired bet per drawing.
- Select how many consecutive draws you wish to play using that wager slip. One wager slip can be used to play the same spots, bet amount and numbers in up to twenty-consecutive drawings. Darken the number between one and twenty of your selection.
- Using the number of spots you selected earlier, pick that quantity of numbers in the lower section of the bet slip. If you selected to play one spot, darken one number between one and 80, or if you selected ten spots, darken ten numbers and so on. Alternately, if you'd like the computer to randomly select your numbers, darken the autopick square.
- Decide if you'd like to play the KENO Booster by checking the box at the top of the wager slip. The KENO Booster cost an extra dollar for each dollar wagered, but can boost your winnings by as many as ten times the standard payout.
- Give your completed KENO wager slip to the retailer or lottery associate along with the amount of money you selected to bet. You need to pay for all drawings on the slip. You'll receive a printout of your wager, selected numbers and drawing time.
- Wait for the next drawing and watch the video board or television to check the numbers drawn against the numbers you selected. Drawings are held every four minutes, so make sure you watch the correct drawing listed on your printout. If you are unable to watch the drawing, recently drawn numbers can be found on the official Ohio Lottery website after 8:00 a.m. the following day.
- If you matched numbers and are eligible for a prize, return your wager slip to the lottery associate to confirm the win. If the amount is under $599, the associate should be able to pay you on the spot. If the amount is between $600 and $5,000, the associate will issue a pay-to-bearer ticket, which can be redeemed at participating bank locations. Should you win over $5,000, you must contact the Ohio Lottery regional office to claim your prize. All prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the issue date.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.