How To Play Kings Cup Drinking Game
Learning how to play King's Cup drinking game is easy. All that you need are some people and a deck, and, obviously, some beer. The hardest part of the game is remembering the rules. It can even be handy to jot them down. Below is a guide for how to play the King's Cup drinking game.
To Play King's Cup, You Will Need:
- Deck of cards
- Beer for each person
- Cup with beer
- People (officially, three plus, but more than five is ideal)
How to Play the King's Cup Drinking Game:
- First, give everyone a can of beer. Make a ring about one foot in diameter of 52 cards, all of them face down.
- Set a cup in the middle of the ring, and fill it with beer.
- Begin playing. To play, one person draws a card, and activities follow, based on the value of the card. Then, the person to his or her left draws, and around it goes. The game is played until the ring is broken—to safely draw without breaking the ring, squeeze the cards together when many have already been drawn out and played on, and set aside. Keep going round, playing and drinking according to the value of cards.
Card Values for King's Cup:
- Ace- waterfall: the person who drew begins drinking, then the next begins, and the next, and no one may stop until the person who started before them has stopped drinking.
- Two- you: the person who drew designates someone to drink.
- Three- me: the card's drawer drinks.
- Four- floor: everyone has to touch the floor. Whoever does so last, usually because he or she is not paying attention, must drink.
- Five- guys: all boys drink.
- Six- chicks: all girls drink.
- Seven- heaven: hands must be raised. As with 4s, the last person to raise his or her hand drinks.
- Eight- mate: the drawer picks another person, and each time one of the two has to drink for any reason, the other must do so as well.
- Nine- rhyme: the drawer says a phrase, and, going clockwise, each next player must say a phrase that rhymes with the original. The first person who cannot must drink.
- Ten- categories: the drawer says a category, and everyone must say something in that category. The first who cannot, must drink. For instance, "car makers" (Ford, Toyota...) is a category, and people must name makers.
- Jack- never have I ever: everyone holds up three fingers. The drawer says something that he or she has never done before. Then, the next person goes, and around it goes. Each time you have done something that is mentioned, a finger is lowered. The first person to have all three fingers lowered must drink.
- Queen- questions: the drawer starts, and everyone must go around asking questions. The first person to forget the rule and mention something that is not in question form must drink.
- King- rule: the drawer of the card makes a rule. Any time that it is broken, the rule-breaker must drink.
The game is played until the ring is broken, and then the loser must drink. Each time a new king is drawn, the old rule is cancelled, and the new one becomes effective. Have fun learning how to play the King's Cup drinking game!