How To Play Movie Drinking Games
Learn about how to play movie drinking games to make an evening at home turn into a party. Drinking games are fun all by themselves, but add in movies and drinking games and you've got the makings for a memorable time. The fun of making up your own movie drinking games is that it can be as tame or as wild as like. The rules of movie drinking games can be as simple as that each time a word is spoken, everyone drinks a shot or each time a catch phrase is uttered the guys drink a shot and the gals have to take a shot when a guy takes off his shirt.
To play movie drinking games, you will need:
- A movie, preferably a DVD
- Friends to play with
- Shot glasses
- Liquor or beer
- Snacks, like nuts or popcorn
- Start with the shots. To play movie drinking games, you need shots of something alcoholic. Pour liquor or beer into the shot glasses to prepare for the drinking game before you even put in the DVD. A DVD works great because you can pause it and rewind to show a scene again. Drink!
- Name the cues. Before the movie starts, decide what the cues will be and announce them to the group. As the host, choose a movie that you've seen before so you know what to pick for doing shots in the movie drinking game. The cue can be a certain word or name spoken, a catch phrase that's repeated and made famous by this movie, or an act or something that happens in the movie over and over, like when a character kisses someone or someone walks a dog or slams a door.
- Start the movie. Queue up the movie. Be sure to spread snacks around the room so your guests can eat something during the movie drinking games. No one wants a house full of drunks and snacks will help alleviate that problem.
- Watch the movie. Settle in and watch the movie. When the cue happens, grab and shot glass and chug!
- Add a twist. Have one cue for guys and one for the gals. During a movie like "American Pie," when Michelle says, "One time, at band camp..." the gals have to do a shot. When Jim's dad is in the scene, the guys have to do a shot.