So, you want to know how to play poker dice? Well, that’s an easy one. In fact, you can learn how to play this fast and fun version of poker in an hour or less. Mastering poker dice, on the other, might take a bit longer. But here is a brief guide that will help you get started.
- Play alone, or as a group. Are you looking for a way to spice up your weekly poker game? If so, why not introduce poker dice. You should be able to teach everyone how to play poker dice in no time. Playing poker dice alone can also be fun way to spend an hour or two on a boring afternoon.
- What kind of dice will you use? You can find dice made especially to play poker dice. Each of the five dice will have six sides, with each side representing a different poker card. (ace, king, queen, jack, "10" and "9".) If you don’t have poker dice, you can use five regular dice, with each side representing a card. So the "1" will represent the "9", the "2" will be the "10", the "3" the jack, the "4" the queen, and the "5" the king, and the "6" the ace.
- Throw the best hand. To play poker dice, put the five dice into a cup, give it a shake, and then throw the dice onto the table. After deciding which dice you want to keep, put the remaining dice back into the cup and throw them again. Remove one die, and the cards remaining are your hand. Your goal is to get the highest poker hand possible. The player with the best poker hand wins the round. (And the pot if you are playing for stakes.) And here’s a tip. Make sure someone writes down the hand everyone got. Otherwise, you might forget before everyone has taken a turn.
- Play poker dice Yahtzee. Another way to play poker dice is Yahtzee style. Instead of playing one hand at a time, every player takes several turns. Each hand they throw is given a point value. For example, two of a kind might be worth five points, while a royal flush (ace, king, queen, jack and "10") could be worth 100 points. The player with the most points after ten or twelve hands wins.
- Poker dice solitaire. You can also use the Yahtzee style method to play poker dice solitaire. Throw ten or twelve hands, writing down your score at the end of each round, and then add up the points from each hand. Challenge yourself by trying to beat the score you got the last time you playing poker dice solitaire.