Learning how to play solitaire is pretty simple. Solitaire is a card game that is played by one person, and you need a standard 52-card deck. Keep in mind that you will not be able to play the game, or finish it if you are missing even one card.
You will need:
- A Full Deck of Cards
- Shuffle the deck. As with all card games, you should sufficiently shuffle the deck before you begin the game. If you play multiple games of Solitaire simultaneously, you will also want a good shuffle between games for more of a challenge.
- Deal the cards. Lay one card face-up and six others facedown in a row to the right of the first one. Deal another group of cards, face-up, onto the downturned cards from left to right. Solitaire is unusual in this regard.
- Lay the remaining cards in a pile. These remaining Solitaire cards will be the ones you will draw from when you run into problems with the cards that are in the stack you already dealt.
- Examine the cards. Take a look at the cards you've laid down and see if you can find the next lowest one of the opposite color to stack on top of a topmost card in the row. Each time you move a card from one row to another, turn the next card beneath over. If there is no next card, and the row is now blank, place a king in its spot. In Solitaire, the king seems to be the game's savior, as it is considered the highest card.
- Drawing from the deck. If you run out of any columns while playing your game of Solitaire, draw the topmost card from the remainder of the deck. Place that card into the empty spot.
- Finding an ace. If you find an ace, which is the low card in Solitaire, you should make a new column, stacking cards of the same color in ascending order on top of it.
- Winning the game. To win in Solitaire, you must use up all the cards in the deck by dealing them into each row. Once the suits are all matched up with the aces, the game is over and you're victorious!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.