How To Play Starcraft
Learning how to play Starcraft can be a little intimidating at first, especially if it your first time playing the game. Starcraft is one of the most popular games of all time. Knowing the basics of the game can help you get the hang of it and can keep you from getting too frustrated. The Terran, Zerg and Protoss are the three different races of warfare that Starcraft consists of. The purpose of this game is to lead your race to victory by collecting the right resources to build an army. Follow the guide below to learn the basics of how to play Starcraft.
- Create a player identification. You will be prompted in to create an id the very first time you play Starcraft. This ID will enable you to continue the game at a saved progress.
- Choose between the Terran, Zerg or Protoss campaigns to play. These campaigns follow missions of the particular species that you choose to select. The Terran campaign offers a Starcraft tutorial level if you want additional help.
- Setup your outpost on Starcraft. On the main screen, the outpost that you will create consists of a Supply Depot, a Command Center, a group of soldiers, and a Space Construction Vehicle (SCV). An SCV is used to construct buildings and allow you to gather resources, so build as many SCVs as you possibly can to help maintain enough resources.
- Construct buildings. There are designated areas to construct buildings in Starcraft. First, choose a building to construct. A green-tinted image will appear. This will let you know if you have enough space for the construction of that building.
- Explore the unmapped area using your SCVs. Any dark region can be explored in Starcraft by highlighting them, and in the command console select the "Move" button. Next, click on the target area, either in the main screen or on the map located in the left hand corner of the screen.
- Keep your reserves by gathering resources. The two main resources for you to collect are minerals from fields, and vespene gas from green geysers. Use your SCVs to harvest any resources from the command console that you may encounter in Starcraft.