How To Please My Girlfriend
If you're wondering how to please your girlfriend, you've come to the right place. They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. With women, however, it's a bit more complex than that. Women have a lot of needs, but don't let that intimidate you. These needs are pretty standard, and once you have them down, you'll be all set to Mr. Numero Uno in her eyes.
- Listen to her. We mean really listen, not just superficially. If she's venting about a bad day or bragging about a great day, listen and empathize and give her encouraging comments. If she's venting about something horrible that happened, don't say something like, "Well, you need to do this," or "You should know better," unless you want to be kicked to the curb. Unless she asks you specifically for advice, she doesn't want it. A woman who is venting simply wants a sympathetic ear. A woman who is talking about a great day is asking you to revel in it with her.
- Compliment her. What has she accomplished? Has she tried something new? Has your girlfriend lost weight recently? One sure-fire way to please her is to notice things and compliment her on them.
- Prepare a meal for her. Even if you suck at cooking, at least try. But have a backup plan ready in case of disaster. By backup, we don't mean Chinese food or Uncle Vinny's pizza. Many decent restaurants offer delivery services. So if your attempts at cooking for her fail, at least you can say you tried. Make sure the table is clean, set, and you have a good wine chilling in the fridge.
- Fix something for her. If your girlfriend has been complaining about her balding tire or the air conditioning that won't blow, take some time out during the weekend and fix them. You will score major points because your girlfriend will realize you've been listening to her and have acted on her needs. She'll be incredibly pleased by your efforts.
- Clean up for her. If you live together, do the dishes without asking and clean the kitchen. If you're just visiting her, offer to clean up after dinner. Your girlfriend will feel pampered knowing you're willing to do some housework to please her.
- Bring her flowers at work. We know it's cheesy, but women thrive on public displays -- at least most of them. A woman whose man shows up at her work bearing a floral bouquet is bound to get a bit of nooky that night. She'll feel loved, appreciated and showered with attention. For pleasing her this way, we predict she'll look for ways to please you, too!
- Spend a day doing whatever she wants. We know it's hard to give up control of the remote. We know you'd rather be watching the game. But one day...one day spent doing what your girlfriend wants isn't going to kill you. You will please her to no end when you say, "Here's the remote, babe. Let's watch a chick flick." Have a box of tissues handy and your shoulder ready to lean on while she weeps with joy at the corny movie drama.
- Take a road trip. Many women love to get in the car and explore new places. Whether it's for just a day or an overnight stay at a bed and breakfast establishment, your girlfriend will know you care when you escape the real world with her for just a while.
- Make every effort to please her in bed. A sexually satisfied girlfriend is a happy girlfriend. When you do what you can to make her evenings with you more enjoyable, she will be more apt to please you.
You'll notice that we left off anything having to do with buying loads of crap as a means to pleasing your girlfriend. Sure, you might buy her a little something every now and then, and she'll probably appreciate it. But if your woman requires material possessions in order for you to please her, we think it might be time to start exploring other options.