How To Polish Gold Jewelry
You just love gold, and every piece of jewelry that you own is gold, but after a while your gold jewelry has gotten dirty, and you want to know How To Polish Gold Jewelry. Even though gold does not tarnish it still gets dirty, smudged, and dull looking over time. Now you are trying to figure out how to get that shine back. There are several different ways to polish your gold jewelry at home with house hold supplies, but there is one really simple way that is quick, easy, and very effective.
To polish gold jewelry you will need:
- dishwashing detergent
- a soft toothbrush or fingernail brush
- paper towel or cotton towel
- gold jewelry
- Make sure you close the drain in the sink. The last thing you want to do is drop your jewelry down the drain. Once the drain is stopped up you don't have to worry about losing your jewelry.
- Put a few drops of dishwashing liquid onto your jewelry. Hold your jewelry in one hand, and put a few drops of the dishwashing detergent directly onto the jewelry.
- Use the soft brush to clean. Scrub your jewelry gently in a circular motion with the brush to clean away the dirt, and smudges.
- Rinse jewelry thoroughly with lukewarm water under the faucet to remove the soapy residue.
- Dry your jewelry with a paper or cotton towel.
Once your jewelry is dry, and if it still looks dull to give it back its shine, you can rub it gently with a jewelry polishing cloth.